Plas Mawr Elizabethan Town House

Possibly the best preserved Elizabethan town house in Great Britain. Built by Robert Wynn between 1576 and 1585, it dominates the town with its gatehouse, stepped gables and lookout tower. The interior with its elaborately decorated plaster ceilings and fine wooden screens, reflecting the wealth and influence of the Tudor gentry in Wales, has been almost entirely restored.
Caernarfonshire

<<< back to Cadw
click on a photo to view an enlargement
click on a photo to view an enlargement
click on a photo to view an enlargement
click on a photo to view an enlargement
click on a photo to view an enlargement
click on a photo to view an enlargement
click on a photo to view an enlargement
click on a photo to view an enlargement
click on a photo to view an enlargement
click on a photo to view an enlargement