Townhill Park House
Townhill Park House is the former home of Lord and Lady Swaythling and is situated on the north-eastern boarded of Southampton, just south of the M27 between junctions 5 and 7. Ten minutes from Southampton airport.
The building dates from around 1790 and was extended and re-designed by the architect
L. Rome Guthrie in an Italian-style in 1911; Guthrie also designed the terraced gardens to compliment the style of the house, with planting plans produced by Gertrude Jekyll. Guthrie returned to Townhill Park House after the First World War to add a music room (48x24ft), paneled in polished walnut. A smaller additional garden with stone terrace, steps and pathway can be accessed from the side of the hall.
|Vincent Davies||Tel: 023 8047 2133
|The Gregg School||Fax: 023 8047 1080
|Townhill Park House||
|Southampton SO18 2GF||