Higher Melcombe Manor
A Grade 1 Elizabethan house built around 1570, nestles in its own beautiful valley. It has far reaching views over fields and woodland. The approach is by a private road along an avenue of lime trees, then under a magnificent copper beech to the garden.
There are three sumptuous double rooms and one single, each with its own ambience - from linenfold panelling and fine plaster ceilings, to the new attic rooms on the top floor with the brand new ensuite bathrooms.
The two acre garden wraps around the house with mature herbaceous borders, rolling lawns, lavender, fountain, scented roses and clematis climb the stone walls of the old chapel, now called the Great Hall, with an impressive 17th Century wagon roof of trussed rafters in eight bays.
The estate includes a working farm with barns stables and two small fishing lakes.