St Andrew's School
In 1865 Colstocks Farm was bought by a Mr Goodwin, who was to found the first school on the site. Meads village then was very small with a few fishing cottages, two large houses and All Saints Chapel which still stands today.
In 1877 the Reverend Francis Souper came to Eastbourne bought Colstocks Farm from Mr Goodwin and called the School 'Meads' until 1882, when he decided to name it after St Andrew, the disciple whom Jesus had first met by the sea.
There have been may additions to the building over the years giving this school a diverse selection of architecture.