Capheaton HallCapheaton Hall was designed and built in 1668 by Robert Trollope for Sir John Brown Swinburne, 1st Baronet. The influence being Italian with huge pilasters and highly decorated doors and window frames. All the carvings on the outer part of the walls tell a story from the celebrations of wars end, to agriculture to the arts. Added to the original house by William Newton are the West and East wing, in classic style providing a very symmetrical north entrance. Described by Pevsner as ‘one of the most interesting houses of its age in England and far too little known’.
The house has wall to ceiling windows providing an abundance of natural light, with French windows leading out onto the south facing landscaped lawns. Looking over the Ha ha from the front doors you take in the uninterrupted views of the parkland. The Estate is surrounded by 500 acres of managed woodland which have many hidden pathways leading to the beautifully idyllic village of Capheaton and St Edwards Lake.
Page 1. Click for page 2/2Alex Haywood - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 01830 530 159 - www.capheatonhall.co.uk
Capheaton Hall, Capheaton,
Newcastle upon Tyne,
Northumberland NE19 2AB