Bodrhyddan HallBodrhyddan has been the home of the Conwy family for some six hundred years. The first stone manor house was built here in about 1450 and traces of that building survive. However, the house was extensively altered in the 17th century and further reconstruction was undertaken in 1874. This 19th century work was cleverly blended into the earlier work by adopting the 'Queen Anne Revival' style – red brick, white window frames with a slightly Dutch feel – that was favoured by the architect William Eden Nessfield.
As well as housing an interesting collection of period furniture, family portraits and memorabilia, the interior has several large rooms that would lend themselves to film work such as the white Drawing Room, the Great Hall and the Dining Room. There are also a number of smaller rooms that could provide more intimate settings and, of course, the service areas of what is still a living and functioning family home.
Page 1. Click for page 2/2
Bodrhyddan Hall, Clwyd,
LL18 5SB, North Wales
Tel: 01745 590414